
A team from the Cockroach Janta Party was attacked and pushed out of Rampura Kanwarpura village in Jaipur district on Friday while inspecting a government primary school as part of its 'School…
A team from the Cockroach Janta Party was attacked and pushed out of Rampura Kanwarpura village in Jaipur district on Friday while inspecting a government primary school as part of its 'School Thik Karo' campaign, sources said. The CJP team alleged they were pelted with stones, their car windows smashed and clothes torn by villagers, whom CJP co-convener Ashutosh Ranka accused of being directed by state Education Minister Madan Dilawar. A villager, Jugal Kishore Sharma, told Deccan Herald that no political party was involved and that locals simply objected to outsiders entering the village.

The government primary school has been closed after being declared unsafe, and classes are currently held in a cattle enclosure near the school building, Siasat reported. The villagers claimed the government had already sanctioned funds for repairs and the school could be fixed with local effort. Bagru DSP Dharmendra Sharma said he was unaware of any incident. CJP vowed to continue its campaign despite the attack, with Ranka stating the education minister is trying to hide the poor condition of Rajasthan's government schools.
The coverage varies mainly in how much it foregrounds the responsibility for the violence. India TV leads with Ashutosh Ranka directly blaming the BJP and Education Minister Madan Dilawar, framing the event as a targeted attack to block the school inspection. Deccan Herald presents the clash with a villager’s denial of any political involvement, giving equal weight to the official side. Siasat provides the most contextual detail, noting the school runs from a cattle enclosure, which explains the CJP’s motive and adds concrete stakes to the story. The middle-ground reading is that a confrontation clearly occurred, but the evidence is insufficient to conclusively prove either side’s version of who orchestrated it. The key number to watch is how the state government responds to the CJP’s claim that funds were sanctioned but not used, and whether further inspections proceed.
Coverage: 3 sources, 2 government-critical, 1 neutral
Sources (3): indiatvnews.com (government critical), deccanherald.com (neutral report), siasat.com (government critical)
This story was synthesised by AI from the 3 sources linked above.
Updated: this story now draws on 3 sources.