
Bangladesh Cricket Board president Tamim Iqbal has indicated that India's scheduled tour of Bangladesh, originally set for September 2026, could face another postponement. The BCB and BCCI are in discussions over the…
Bangladesh Cricket Board president Tamim Iqbal has indicated that India's scheduled tour of Bangladesh, originally set for September 2026, could face another postponement. The BCB and BCCI are in discussions over the series, which was deferred from August last year. The first ODI is slated for September 3, but no official confirmation has come from the BCCI.
Speaking at a press conference in Dhaka, Tamim said there could be a 'slight change' in the tour dates. He noted that a domestic age-group tournament, the Game Development Trophy, is scheduled from August 28 to September 9 at the same venue, but can be shifted if the India series is confirmed. 'Both boards remain in discussions,' he said.
Relations between the two boards had soured after Kolkata Knight Riders released Mustafizur Rahman from the IPL, and the BCB later pulled out of the T20 World Cup co-hosted by India. Ties improved after Tamim visited India earlier this month and toured the BCCI's Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru.
The uncertainty over India's tour reflects the fragile state of bilateral cricket between the two neighbours, who have not played a full series in Bangladesh since 2015. The BCB's decision to schedule a domestic tournament in the same window as the proposed India series suggests it is hedging against a cancellation. A postponed or cancelled tour would cost the BCB crores in broadcast and sponsorship revenue, and deprive Bangladesh of vital preparation ahead of the 2027 ODI World Cup. The next concrete signal will come when the BCCI releases its international calendar for the 2026-27 season, expected later this year.
Source: sports.ndtv.com
This story was synthesised by AI from the source linked above.