Bengaluru court rejects Darshan’s plea for physical presence in murder case

A Bengaluru court has rejected a plea by actor Darshan and three other accused seeking permission to be physically present at every hearing in the Renukaswamy murder case. The court said the…

A Bengaluru court has rejected a plea by actor Darshan and three other accused seeking permission to be physically present at every hearing in the Renukaswamy murder case. The court said the accused can attend proceedings via video conference instead.

Bengaluru court rejects Darshan's plea for physical presence in murder case

On August 13, the Karnataka High Court dismissed a petition by Darshan challenging a sessions court order that refused to let him raise objections to co-accused Pradosh Rao's plea for pardon and permission to turn approver. Justice M Nagaprasanna held that a co-accused has no right to make submissions when a court considers another accused's application under Section 306 of the CrPC.

The High Court also noted the prosecution's argument that the issue was previously considered, and referred to a Supreme Court decision in the Yogeshgouda murder case. Darshan and actor Pavithra Gowda are among 17 accused in the case. Darshan remains in judicial custody.


Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

This story was synthesised by AI from the source linked above.

Ask their opinion on this story
They have read this article, our coverage, and the web.
AI simulations of historical figures. Responses are generated from the historical record, not authentic statements.

0 Votes: 0 Upvotes, 0 Downvotes (0 Points)

Share your opinion

Loading Next Post...
Search Trending
Ask their opinion
Loading

Signing-in 3 seconds...

Signing-up 3 seconds...

All fields are required.