Delhi building collapse: kin say Rs 10 lakh compensation ‘nothing’

A month after a building collapse in south Delhi's Said-ul-Ajaib killed one and injured several, families and survivors are struggling with its physical, financial and emotional toll. The Times of India reports…

A month after a building collapse in south Delhi's Said-ul-Ajaib killed one and injured several, families and survivors are struggling with its physical, financial and emotional toll. The Times of India reports that the father of doctor Ravi Prakash Verma, who died in the May 30 collapse, called the Rs 10 lakh compensation from the Delhi government insignificant compared with the crores the family spent on his education.

Delhi building collapse: kin say Rs 10 lakh compensation 'nothing'

The father, Ram Verma, said the family will oppose any bail plea by the accused in the Supreme Court. Injured students like Vishal, who still has serious difficulty walking, have had to leave engineering courses and face high medical bills. Vishal's sister Lovely Devi said the family has received no compensation so far.

Survivors who joined the rescue effort were given Rs 30,000 each, according to student Anamika Attri. Some students appeared for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination less than a month after the collapse. The coaching institute retrieved items from the debris and arranged temporary class space at a nearby hostel.


Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com

This story was synthesised by AI from the source linked above.

Ask their opinion on this story
They have read this article, our coverage, and the web.
AI simulations of historical figures. Responses are generated from the historical record, not authentic statements.

0 Votes: 0 Upvotes, 0 Downvotes (0 Points)

Share your opinion

Loading Next Post...
Search Trending
Ask their opinion
Loading

Signing-in 3 seconds...

Signing-up 3 seconds...

All fields are required.